0207 018 8566 info@linksremovals.co.uk
What time should I expect the removal vehicle on removal day?
Unless you have been told otherwise the vehicle will arrive between 8.30am and 9am and this is largely dependant upon traffic on the day(s) of removal. In the event that the vehicle does run late you will informed by your moving manager via telephone or email.
How much space should I allocate for parking?
Our vehicles are between 18 and 40 feet long dependant on the vehicle booked.  It is always best to allocate more space than we will need, for easy access. If you are in a particularly difficult area then consideration for turning into your road or driveway may need to be addressed. This is relevant to both the property you are moving from and the property you are moving into. Vehicle access will be discussed with your moving manage prior to your moving date.
How do I arrange parking in a permit holder/prohibited area?
It is usually the local authority (council) that deals with this matter.  Telephone numbers are different for each area, directory enquiries will be able to assist you with telephone numbers.
Access may be difficult at my new premises, what should I do?
Your quotation is based upon good access at both premises. As soon as you know that access may be difficult at the new premises you must tell us immediately. We will then have the opportunity to visit the premises and assess this ourselves and make adjustments accordingly. If you are moving out of your current area and it would not be practical for us to visit your new premises please find out from your vendor who is moving them out of their property and we can contact them for details of access.
How should I pack pictures and mirrors?
Pictures and mirrors should be bubble packed and inserted into a picture crates. Mirrors with plaster of paris frames should ideally have a wooden case made to measure in addition to bubble pack. Oil paintings should not be bubble packed directly but covered in an export blanket first then bubble packed and finally placed into a picture crate. All of the materials suggested here are available from Links Removals.
Should I unpack my chest of drawers?
You will need to take out any heavy or breakable items such as magazines or perfumes. Light items such as T-shirts or underwear may be left in the drawers provided the unit is sturdy enough. Self assembly furniture does not respond well to moving so this type of furniture must only be moved while completely empty.
Will you unplumb my washing machine and dishwasher or disconnect my cooker?
Our members of staff are neither qualified of insured to carry out this activity. If you are not confident with unplumbing any of your white goods it is best to call a plumber to do this. Similarly an electrician is the best person to disconnect your electric cooker.
Should I flat-pack my self assembly furniture?
The official advice on this is yes you should flat pack all self assembly furniture. If. however, you decide to have our staff move these items in an erect state you must be aware that we cannot take responsibility for their safe transit. You will also be responsible for the protection of flat packed furniture, ideally with bubble pack, due to the large number of sharp fitting that usually protrude from this type of furniture.
How should I pack my television?
It is always best to move these items in the original packaging. This is usually available from your local electrical dealer for a small charge. If you cannot obtain the original packaging then standard packing materials must be used such as bubble pack, heavy duty crates and export blankets for your television.
Do I need to defrost my freezer?

For clients that are moving over multiple days this is compulsory. If your removal is to take place on one day only you may leave your freezer cold, but you must transport the frozen goods in cool bags. If you decide to leave goods in your freezer our staff cannot be liable for either the frozen goods or indeed the freezer itself. Whilst the freezer may seem a heavy-duty piece of equipment, they are easily damaged if they are moved whilst full.

T-Rodger LTD trading as Links Removals. Company No: 11411605